Dear Dirt Dancing Trail Runners,
This is a hard day for me and the Dirt Crew. We really thought this event would take place. We have been updating our preparedness plan each week as new guidelines were given, and we dug our heels in until the bitter end. The Wisconsin State Parks just released their ruling that no State Park permits will be approved until after June 30th. We have also been informed that the chances for our July permit to be issued is highly improbable. With deadlines looming and uncertainty mounting, pulling off the event at its' current size, legally, is proving to be impossible. We will not hold the DWD Devil's Lake event as scheduled on July 11, 2020. We've nailed a lot of details in place in the last week, feeling so sure it would be a go, only to be let down once again.
We worked diligently to present a safe race plan that would meet all state health and participant requirements while still allowing for a fun day in the woods to reach your goals. Unfortunately, the State Parks do not fall under the state's general guidelines... It's just a sad day. We can only hope you know that we tried as hard as we could to get DWD to happen and we will be back next year to run and party with you all again.
- All entries, unless changed, will be rolled over to the 2021 event, which we anticipate to take place on July 10, 2021. If you plan to participate in 2021, no action is required on your part; we will manually enter you when registration opens next year and you will receive a confirmation e-mail then. We will waive any change of distance transfer fees for deferred participants.
- If you are unable to participate in 2021, you have 2 more options. The first is to receive a credit with RF Events for 100% of the price you paid on your race entry. This would come to you as a coupon code, would be good to use on ANY RF Event, and would not expire for 2 years following the issue date. Codes will be issued on July 13, 2020.
- Your final option is To donate your entry money back to RF Events to help us keep the lights on as we work to shuffle ahead and survive, so we can be here for the future and create quality events that let you meet your goals and put your hard training to use.
If you would like to participate in 2021, no action is required of you at this time. If you would like your 100% event credit, or to donate your entry, you can fill out this form by July 10, 2020. After July 10, 2020, we will consider all registrants deferred to 2021.
We're heartbroken that we won't get to spend a day in the dirt with you,
Stay safe out there,
The Dirt Crew
Why can't you postpone? - To date, we have canceled or postponed 13 events. This event in particular has a mounting list of roadblocks. We are digging ourselves into a hole that will take us an extended amount of time to dig out of. At this point we have hit the wall and our options are limited.
Why can't you offer a refund? - We know what a delicate subject money is at this time, and we are attempting to be as transparent as possible in regards to why we are unable to offer a refund. A large majority of the planning and man hours go into the event well before race day; we spend a large portion of the projected income in setting up the event prior to registration opening, When our world was turned upside down from COVID-19, entry money came to a standstill. We then spent an additional amount of time setting up and planning for the new safety and preparedness requirements, and a large portion of our orders have been submitted for race supplies. Long story short... the money is simply not there.